Friday, September 25, 2009

Furniture Refurb!

I've always liked the idea of furnishing my house with a mix of old and new pieces. In particular, I like the idea of finding old furniture pieces and bringing them back to life/up to date myself. A few months ago (ok, be honest Merrin, perhaps a year??!) I bought a few pieces to refurb...and they've sat under my house collecting dust ever since!! Since it is Spring, I've decided to get stuck into the Spring Cleaning (that will be another story!) and get to work on my furniture! I've decided it's all got to go...so I will be selling all pieces once I'm finished (I had to write that here so that I can't go back on my word and keep any of it! My hubby, Matt will be happy!!). So...I thought I'd let you all see my progress! Here are some cane chairs (pair) that I bought off ebay.
Here they are stripped back...
And spray-painted black!!
Now I've just got to get some fabulous fabric, make some time to cut it out to fit, and re-make the cushion covers! I'll get back to you soon!! :)
Mez xo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails